Chaplaincy Application & Interview Fee
Interviews are made one at a time in coordination with a member of our board, you the chaplain candidate and a retired military chaplain. We have to pay our military chaplains for their time to do the interviews so we charge a small fee to cover this process. Incidentally, we charge less than any other endorsing agency we have seen. If you prefer, you may send a check for $75 to National Service Charity at 4022 Copper Creek Way, Buford, GA 30519. Please make your check payable to National Service Charity and note that the payment is for the Chaplaincy Application & Interview Fee.
Of course, you can make that payment here by adding the item to your shopping cart.
Onboarding Chaplaincy Checklist:
- Complete the course Becoming a Board Certified Chaplain from Visiting Chaplains ($120.00) or complete the same sort of training from a different but reputable chaplaincy oriented organization.
- References: Please ask 2 people to send a reference to National Service Charity using the email Chaplaincy@NationalServiceCharity.org Ask them to say something about your faith commitments, ethics and a willingness to be a life learner.
- Get a background check and forward at least the first page to Privacy@NationalServiceCharity.org (Cost is $38.95)
- Fill out your online application at https://nationalservicecharity.org/board-certified-chaplain-application. We also have a PDF copy of our application which you might want to download and use as a reference before beginning the online form.
- Schedule your phone interview at Chaplaincy@NationalServiceCharity.org
- Handling the application and paying a retired chaplain to do the interview costs $75.00. Make that payment here